Tips for Last Minute Cruises from Valparaiso
How does pricing work on Last Minute Cruises from Valparaiso?
Cruise lines fills almost every cabin on every sailing, and many cabins have more than 2 people. Cruise lines make much of their
profits from high margin items like shore excursions, liquor, spa treatments, alternative restaurant surcharges, etc. So, if the ship still has many empty cabins to fill less than 60 days prior to departure, cruise lines will get aggressive about selling those cabins.
However, while the cruise line might get aggressive, they are very smart in how they go about offering those cabins at a discount. Here's why:
- Most cruise lines have a lowest price guarantee to get people to book early. Those guarantees mean the cruise lines must compensate qualifying customers if a lower price becomes available.
- However, there are loopholes in those guarantees that cruise lines use to minimize the occurrences of having to payout to those already booked.
- Most of the loopholes are related to existing customers being eligible for a targeted discount (military, past passenger, resident of a certain state, senior citizen).
So when searching for a list minute cruise from Valparaiso, we will ask qualifying questions (are you a past passenger, senior citizen, etc.) during your cruise search. Those questions are being asked to help find you a lower price.
Last minute cruise "deals" might not always be related to offering a low price. Cruise lines do their best to avoid lowering their prices. Instead, last minute bookers from Valparaiso may be offered the following incentives:
- Cabin category upgrades: You pay for a lower cabin category, you get to select a cabin from a higher category. On a last minute cruise from Valparaiso, you might pay for a cabin with a picture window, but end up in a cabin with a balcony.
- Onboard / Shipboard Spending Credit: Instead of a lower price, the ship provides you credit on your shipboard account that you can spend on anything that you can charge to your cabin. In a sense, this is as good as an outright discount off the price of the cruise.
When are the best prices available on Last Minute Cruises from Valparaiso?
You will find peak pricing during holiday seasons. Naturally, the length of your cruise also affects pricing as well.
From a weather perspective, the best time to sail is from November through April. It's important to bear in mind that seasons in Valparaiso occur opposite of North America and other continents significantly north of the Equator. -So winter months are June through August, and you can expect more rainfall to happen in these months, as well as months in autumn. Summer, from December through March, can be quite warm. You'll likely be happiest with Spring and early Autumn, when temperatures range from 37 to 73 degrees Fahrenheit.
Do prices ever go up on Last Minute Cruises from Valparaiso?
Yes. As a cruise ship sells out, the number of discounts will be fewer -- even to the point where the last cabins on a popular cruise (Spring Break, Christmas, & New Years) cruises end up selling at the full (brochure) price.
What other ports near Valparaiso have Last Minute Cruises?
Yes, there are several alternatives for you to consider if you are looking for a last minute cruise. The most easily accessible alternatives are:
Last Minute Cruises From Valparaiso Resources
Let ValparaisoCruises.com send you on a Last Minute Cruise from Valparaiso. You'll find the largest selection of Cheap Valparaiso Cruise Deals and helpful advice on Last Minute Cruises from Valparaiso. Book your Valparaiso cruise online, or call our Last Minute cruise experts at (800) 961-4635.
Images Copyright: Celebrity Cruises, Holland America Line, Princess Cruises, Royal Caribbean